The temperature is lower and the leaves start to turn outside your window. Inside, you realize you now have to wear a sweater and bundle up when you sleep.
Here are a few basics:
- Check all vents for leaks or blocks.
- Inspect the thermostat to ensure it works properly
- Replace or clean filters
- Fix or replace electrical components as needed
- Inspect the wiring and heat exchanger for corrosion and other damage
- Assure proper air flow
- Check and oil furnace motors as needed
This isn’t a complete list of things your Eyman service technician does when he inspects your furnace. But it gives you an idea of how thorough your technician will be.
Here are some other ways to prepare your furnace for the changing seasons:
- Make sure there are no flammable items stored near your furnace
- Before the temps dive, run your heater to see if it works properly
- Change or wash filters on a regular basis
- Secure all panels on the furnace
- Assure the thermostat is set in the heating mode. Homeadvisor.com notes, “Just setting the dial above room temperature will not activate the heat if you are still set in the air conditioning mode.”
Eyman can’t stop the cold weather, but we can help make you ready for it with a thorough furnace check.
Call Eyman Plumbing at 402-731-2727 today and set up your annual furnace check.