What to do if your heater starts to malfunction
When the Nebraska winter sets in, the weather can be frigid. The wind bites, the snow stings, and simply walking to your car from your house or after work can chill you to the bone. But inside your home you like to keep it warm and comfortable for your family, even when the cold winds blow and the snow falls. What if the cold outside starts making its way indoors, though? Maybe your heater isn’t keeping up with the long winter months, or maybe it has simply given out.
If your furnace is over 10 years old, it could need to be replaced. Furnaces can have a pretty long lifespan, even up to 20-30 years, but some will give out as soon as 10-15 years. Some signs yours may be nearing the end of its life include lingering smells, uncommon noises, and excessive dust around the house (from the vents). Eyman’s trained professionals are able to assess your furnace and determine if it can be repaired, or if it would be better for you to replace it. Even though replacing a furnace is a large expense, it can be cheaper and less stressful than multiple major repairs to an old unit.
Your central heating system has several areas that could go wrong, which is one reason it is best to leave the work of fixing it to a professional.
All furnaces consist of four main parts
- the burners that deliver and burn fuel
- the heat exchangers
- a blower, and
- a flue that acts as an exhaust for gaseous by-products.
When your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced, Eyman Heating, Plumbing and Air is who you want to call. A broken furnace in winter is an emergency, and it is not something you can wait to repair or risk trying to repair yourself. Eyman can get your heater up and running quickly and efficiently.
There are also several types of furnaces, which can further complicate repair to a furnace.
- A single-stage furnace is the cheapest type of furnace, and only involves one speed of gas flow into the unit: high. This means that this furnace is less efficient, although it can get the job done in milder regions of the country.
- A two-stage furnace has a low and high speed for gas flow, which means that when a home is warmed up to a certain temperature it can automatically switch to a lower speed to save energy, thus saving the homeowner money.
- Finally, the modulating furnace takes the adjustable speed for gas flow and makes it even more precise, even as precise as 1 percent increases.
No matter what furnace you have in your home, and no matter what repair is needed. Eyman Heating, Plumbing & Air is who you need to call when the winter temperatures begin to creep into your home. Keeping your home warm and safe for your family is a priority, and Eyman will be there to help you no matter what is wrong with your furnace. When you call, one of our factory-trained, insured, and vetted techs will arrive at your home fast, work efficiently, and leave you with peace of mind and a working system.
We pride ourselves on being prepared for anything!
- No matter what service you require, we’ve got the trained tech for the job
- Your service begins with a smile and a free estimate before we begin our work
- Our techs do not work on commission, and will never try to sell or upsell you on anything you don’t need
- We repair and install all makes, models, and brands
- We work with radiant systems, heat pumps, ductless units, and more
- A full inspection beyond the obvious problem ensures that all problems are addressed in one visit, and never go forward with work without your permission
We’ve been Omaha’s Fix-it company for more than 60 years, and we take pride in that trust. We know that your family’s health and comfort are your number one priority, and that makes it our number one priority.
For emergency service, call (402) 731-2727
For a non-emergency, or to schedule routine maintenance to keep your system working in peak condition, schedule service now.