Eyman Plumbing, Heating & Air is a professional family owned and operated, company that has been in business serving the commercial and residential markets since 1957. We are a leading provider of specialized, professional plumbing and HVAC services for residential and commercial settings. We pride ourselves in having a highly competent office staff and friendly field technicians who perform top-level service and offer our customers complete satisfaction. Our success lies within our ability to prove to our customers time and time again that they can always “Trust the Big Red Truck”!
HVAC Project Manager / Estimator
Primary Job Functions:
To estimate, bid and manage HVAC Commercial & industrial hydronic projects. Strategically scheduling and placement of the installation crew. Ordering and purchasing equipment and materials, Ensuring advanced preparation of all jobs. Interfacing with clients and general managers throughout the duration of jobs and completing projects within budgeted costs and time.
Duties and tasks include:
- Review project specifications and prepare estimates, budgets and schedules
- Design complete HVAC systems in accordance with all codes
- Actively pursue new business and maintain current business relationships
- Follow up on orders and make sure materials and equipment are dispensed and available for scheduled jobs.
- Plan, organize and direct manpower, equipment, and supply needs to achieve project objectives
- Ensure that appropriate licenses and permits are obtained
- Work with general contractors and engineers to resolve design-related construction issues
- Communicate job status and changes with customers and subcontractors in a clear and professional manner
- Follow up with installers to ensure plans are properly followed and the best crews are assigned to each job.
- Order material, ensure material and equipment are delivered on time, monitor its usage.
- Ensure that inspections are scheduled and completed
- Attend job site meetings to ensure on time project completion
- Receive and process job change orders and informs appropriate parties of changes.
- Address and troubleshoot issues that arise during the installation process
- Manages labor hours, materials, equipment and subcontractors to ensure cost control.
- Facilitates employee safety and ensures procedures are properly being followed
- Completes job closeout process
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- At least 4 years of in-depth experience with commercial chilled water systems, services and retrofit systems replacements
- Experience in bidding commercial HVAC jobs
- Ability to use HVAC services software programs
- Ability to participate in marketing strategies
- Knowledge of local and national code
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Ability to reach with arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (during job site walks)
- Ability to see clearly up close and distance
- Insurable driving record, valid drivers’ license