Regardless of your plumbing problem, our seasoned experts are available not just for your scheduled needs, but also 24/7 for those unexpected emergencies.
If you have an emergency, there are a few steps you can take to minimize damage, and possibly repair the problem yourself!
1. (Don’t) Let it Flow
Whether it’s a drip that won’t quit, or a toilet about to overflow, a shutoff valve will be located near the source of the problem. Beside the toilet, under the sink, and behind your washing machine are water valves that give you the power to slow or stop the flow of water.
2. Use the Right Tool For the Job
Did you know there are different plungers for different problems? A sink plunger has a more shallow flange for work involving the more delicate plumbing of a bathroom sink, while a toilet plunger has a deep flange for creating a more intense vacuum.
3. Nothing up my Sleeve
Copper sleeves can be purchased to repair leaking pipes, and with some soldering skills, this should be a quick repair!
3. You Can Reboot Almost Anything
If your garbage disposal is the problem, you can start by simply hitting the reset switch under the unit. If this doesn’t help, using an alan wrench, try tightening the single screw at the base of the unit.
4. You’d Better Catch it
Bad jokes aside, a running toilet can quickly become an expensive annoyance as wasted water literally flushes your money down the toilet. Start by shutting off the water to the toilet, and flushing to empty the tank. Remove the tank lid and peer inside. Check that the chain tension is allowing the flapper to fully engage, and that the chain is not so long that it is getting caught under the flapper. Next, check that there is no mineral buildup under the flappers. Dissolved minerals can prevent a proper seal from forming. A new flapper is an easy and inexpensive repair you can do on your own!
What’s The Number???
When your child has a suspicious cough, you call your pediatrician. When you break a tooth, you call your dentist. 12 people to feed tonight and the oven isn’t working? You’ve got three delivery numbers in your phone. Are we in there, too? Instead of panicking when you have a plumbing emergency in Omaha, call the team you can trust! Eyman is ready to answer your call 24 hours a day.
Every minute spent with a running, dripping, leaking problem counts. Our highly-qualified techs are always ready to handle anything you can throw at us. No problem is too big, and we take calls the other guys couldn’t. No problem is too small, and we take calls the other guys wouldn’t.
What Qualifies as an Emergency?
How do you know if your problem merits a call to the emergency line? In short, if it bothers you, it bothers us. We have techs available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle your plumbing problems at a moment’s notice.
- Clogged Drains – A simple blockage starts to smell like disaster within a few hours
- Broken Water Line – Flood damage isn’t always covered by your home owner’s insurance
- Frozen Plumbing – When your line freezes, a burst pipe isn’t far behind
- Running Toilet – A running toilet flushes about $200 down the drain per month
- Leaking Water Heater – The difference between replacing the heater and replacing your floors is just a few hours of dripping
- Broken Sewage Lines – Nothing stinks worse than a basement full of raw sewage
- Low or No Water Pressure – Low-pressure can be a high-stress problem
- Water Won’t Heat Up – A cold shower might wake you up to a very annoying issue
- Backed-Up Toilet – A 10-minute fix could quickly turn into a pricey pickle
- Leaking Pipes – Drip, drip, drip is more than annoying, it’s the sound of money down the drain
- Failing Disposal – Washing away your problems gets tricky pretty quickly
- Malfunctioning Dishwasher – Beyond dishwater hands, your dishwasher might be alerting you to a bigger problem
- Foul Smelling Drains – That sour smell is only a symptom. The cause could grow costly
Some of these issues can cause long-term, high-cost damage if left unresolved. Routine maintenance can help you avoid some of them, but even the best maintained system isn’t immune to incident.
Is the water still running while you worry about the cost of the call? Eyman offers free estimates. It costs you nothing to invite us to come out and take a look! We hope it’s nothing, and we would be more than happy to tell you so. But if there is a problem, we arrive fully equipped to handle it.
Submit a service request online, or call (402) 731-2727 for help right away!
Please click on the “Schedule Service Call” button to arrange a free-estimate appointment for service or repair. Can’t wait another minute? Just give us a call at (402) 731-2727.